When I was in first grade, I can remember a time when I took a book out of my backpack to read during recess. Some girls from my class saw me and started teasing me about it. “That book has chapters. You can’t read that. We don’t even have to read that in school yet.”
“Yes I can” I told them, and I could, because I had been reading with my parents before bed every night since I could remember, and any other time I could find. “Prove it. Read something out loud then” they taunted.
“Well, you wouldn’t know if I’m actually reading it anyway, because you can’t read what it says”. They left me alone after that. Bazinga, 1st-grade me.
Below I’ve listed my favourite books, what I’m currently reading, and some great articles so that you can enjoy them too. I’m always looking for new and interesting reads, so if you have a recommendation I’d love to hear it!
- Snow Falling on Cedars by David Guterson
- Wheatbelly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight, And Find Your Path Back To Health by William Davis
++click the category titles to drop down the list of books and articles
- Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts
- The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
- Go Ask Alice by Anonymous
- The Millenium Trilogy by Stieg Larsson
- Life of Pi by Yann Martel